Tamarind: a flavourful – and speedy – option
Preparing dishes with care is only part of our passion for food. We use only freshly ground spices, fresh vegetables and the leanest cuts of halal meat, processed in accordance with the highest standards of cleanliness, purity and healthiness.
The Tamarind specialty is food roasted in a tandoor – a clay oven that generates intense, dry heat. The result: tandoori dishes that are moist and succulent.
Spices with healing powers
Spices like turmeric, cumin, coriander and chilli – the basics in Tamarind curries – are often associated with wellness and healing powers .
- Turmeric appears to ameliorate Alzheimer’s and block colon cancer.
- Praised not only as an iron source, many employ cumin (like mustard seeds) to prevent cancer and help digestion.
- Besides its unique flavour, India loves coriander for its anti-inflammatory properties and the fact it is a good source of dietary fibre, iron and magnesium.
- Chilli has been associated with a broad variety of health improvements: pain relief, reduced congestion, stomach ulcer prevention, weight loss and increased cardiovascular health.
- Cinnamon, Garlic, Ginger, Fenugreek all have proven health benefits
- Options available vary daily please contact outlet for daily specials